Join The Academy of Natural Sciences, Clean Air Council, and The Community Action Forum on Marcellus Shale for an educational forum about drilling for natural gas in the Marcellus Shale. The forum will provide a broad and diverse overview of the environmental, health, and economic issues related to the natural gas boom that is currently taking place throughout Pennsylvania.
What: Drilling for Natural Gas in the Marcellus Shale: What it Means for Pennsylvania
When: Wednesday June 8, 2011. Networking: 6-6:30 pm. Program: 6:30-8:30 pm.
Where: Academy of Natural Sciences, 1900 Ben Franklin Pkwy, Philadelphia
Who: Featured panelists include
- Mr. Joseph O. Minott, Esq., Executive Director – Clean Air Council
- The Honorable Michael Krancer, Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection
- Dr. David Velinsky, Vice President of the Patrick Center for Environmental Research at the Academy of Natural Sciences
- The Honorable Michael Sturla, Pennsylvania State Representative (D), 96th Legislative District
- Mr. Brian Grove, Director of Corporate Development for Northeast Pennsylvania for Chesapeake Energy
- Mr. Richard V. Pepino, Visiting Assistant Professor of Environmental Studies and the Public Policy Program Chair at Franklin and Marshall College
Register now via EventBrite >>